Objective: Develop an algorithm to generate haikus using song lyrics.
Motivation: Because computational linguistics are cool.
- Scrapes Virgin Radio’s broadcast history to find recently played songs
- Creates a song-based haiku queue in Google Sheets
- Generates a haiku using the queue as a reference and posts it on Twitter
- Checks for new tweets every 5 minutes and generates a relevant haiku, if requested
- Finds all song lyrics from Lyrics Wikia
- Runs on a Raspberry Pi
- Formulaically counting syllables
- Developing a context-free language model
- Creating phrases that actually make sense
Framework: Python 2.7.9
Screencap of @thehaikuza's Twitter profile
Raspberry Pi 1 Model B running @thehaikuza, 24/7!
Published on July 19, 2015